“Wentelteefjes” is a typical Dutch recipe. It’s in the same category as pancakes and waffles. Fast, easy and tasty: wentelteefjes are perfect for breakfast or lunch. Another plus is that the ingredients are so basic, that you probably don’t even have to do groceries. It actually works even better if your bread is old.
- 8 slices of bread
- 1 egg
- 250 ml milk
- (powdered) sugar
- cooking oil or butter
- Mix the egg and the milk in a soup plate. Cut off the bread crusts and cut the slices into triangles.
- Dip de triangles in the egg mixture, make sure every side is covered with it. Use a spoon to pour some more mixture over the pile of triangles.
- Optional: dip the leftover crusts into the remaining egg mixture and fry to have no waste.
- Fry the bread triangles in a pan for about two minutes, turn them around and fry until they are golden brown.
- Serve the wentelteefjes with powdered sugar and cinnamon. Regular sugar works as well. You can also add fruits like blueberries and banana to make your wentelteefjes even tastier!